Friday, June 19, 2009

HOPE...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well for those of you who have been following my blog since day one, you might remember that my first blog posting was about Relay for Life. My mother-in-law was participating in the survivor walk and we went to support her. That was my first Relay for Life experience. One thing that I remember the most from that day was when my father-in-law, Marv, whispered in my ear "you know the saddest part of this is that some will not make it to see next year." It's so sad but true.
As I'm standing there, I had no clue that two months later, cancer would enter into my life and take my grandma.
The end of June my grandma became very ill and had a heart attack. She survived the heart attack but just wasn't getting any better. She went back into the hospital in July and we found out that she was losing her life due to cancer. Cancer!...What??? No, it can't be! My grandma was like a superhero. She was the one who took care of us when we were sick. Now, she's sick and there's nothing we could do for her, it was all in God's hands. After a long week of crying and praying she went to her heavenly home on July 27th.
It's been almost a year now, and I still can't believe she's gone. I miss her so much! I miss her hugs...I miss her laugh...I miss her cooking (enchiladas, spanish rice, chicken en mole) but most of all I miss seeing her and being able to tell her that I love you grandma and hear her say I love you too mija.
Like everyone else, my hope is that one day there will be a cure for cancer so we don't have to watch our loved ones suffer.
Embrace life!!!!!
XOXO
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment